Southbourne Canoe Club (SCC) is a small and family-friendly canoe and kayak club based on the south coast of England in Bournemouth.
We are located at Hengistbury Head Outdoor Education Centre which has waterside access to Christchurch Harbour. The harbour provides safe, sheltered paddling waters with easy access to the Avon and River Stour as well as out to sea and the Solent.
Club members with at least the BCU Discover qualification go for a paddle together every Thursday evening during the season, from May to September.
The club actively encourages ongoing training and regularly provide courses to BCU standards at various levels depending on demand.
Throughout the year the club will organise a variety of paddling trips to new locations taking in white-water paddling, sea journeys or gentle canal trips, depending on your preference.
Fancy a paddle?
Canoeing and kayaking is an excellent pastime for all abilities, from the youngest to the oldest, Southbourne Canoe Club are here to help promote access to this fantastic health sport and welcome anyone who would like to experience all this sport has to offer.
Learn more about Southbourne Canoe Club:
- Access — where SCC members can paddle locally.
- Activities — the types of activities that the Club gets involved in.
- Blog — news and articles.
- Child Protection — our child protection policy.
- Committee — meet the committee.
- Constitution — the Club’s constitution.
- Contact — contact form and location information.
- Events — planned trips and events.
- Facilities & Equipment — facilities and equipment available to members.
- FAQ — frequently asked questions.
- Forum — discussion forums.
- Gallery — photo gallery.
- History — the history of the Club.
- Links — useful external websites.
- Membership — annual and temporary membership details and prices.
- Rules & Regulations — rules applicable to all SCC activities.
- Safety — important safety advice for members.
- Southbourne Canoe Club — an overview of the Club.
- Training — training information and pricing.